Monday, April 27, 2009

Jeremiah 50:6

My people have been lost sheep.
Their shepherds have led them astray;
They have turned them away on the mountains.
They have gone from mountain to hill;
They have forgotten their resting place.’
(Jeremiah 50:6)

How many times has this passage described me! A lost sheep, running about in the wilderness, choosing my own path, before God comes and finds me and brings me back. I forget my resting place. I forget where everything that is good ever happens. I forget the peace that I have with Christ, and venture abroad, lost in my own mind. Oh Lord, please teach me to rest and abide in You, to experience absolute contentedness within Your meadows. And I thank you for all the times You have come to bring me back into the fold when I have disobediently wandered off. Thankyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment