Monday, April 27, 2009

Jeremiah 37:17

Then Zedekiah the king sent and took him out. The king asked him secretly in his house, and said, “Is there any word from the LORD?” And Jeremiah said, “There is.” Then he said, “You shall be delivered into the hand of the king of Babylon!”’ (Jeremiah 37:17)

This reminds me of our deceitful hearts. Sometimes we can go through all the right motions of ‘asking what God wants’, and study His word and learn all about Him. However if we fail to act on that knowledge, if we fail to repent and humble ourselves before Him, then it is all useless, and we are taken captive. Unless we actually obey what God says, then all our knowledge and ‘good work’ in seeking that knowledge is in complete vain.

Let us not deceive ourselves. Lord, let my heart be true, and when I seek You, let me heed your voice and act on it, not being proud, but being humble and able to amend my ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment